If you’re passionate about climate change and a skilled community builder, with at least two years of experience managing social media platforms and campaigns, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for an organised, motivated and creative community engagement manager to join our team.
You’ll be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring strategies to increase Climate Home News’ reach and impact across social media and community platforms.
This is not a one-way conversation: bring ideas for inspiring readers to share their insights and experiences as well as promoting Climate Home stories.
You will report directly to the editor and work closely with the editorial and commercial teams.
Community engagement manager
Salary: £25-28,000 doe
Full time (Monday to Friday)
Remote working (until pandemic restrictions ease, when you will be expected to attend meetings in London). You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What you’ll do:
- Transform our social media and community strategy to drive audience growth and engagement.
- Plan and maintain our social content calendar across all key social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Work with our editorial team to devise new and innovative content ideas to promote and elevate our journalism.
- Schedule content across channels, making room for reactive or quick-win content opportunities when necessary.
- Be engaging and responsive with our community, with an ability to think on the spot and use judgement on how and when to respond.
- Explore and grow new outlets for social community building, such as groups, webinars, and other types of emerging multimedia.
- Use our web and social analytics to guide us in making decisions for our future strategy and direction.
- Report regularly on the success of social and community building efforts.
- Support our commercial team in identifying suitable leads and devising campaigns to boost awareness.
What we’re looking for in our community engagement manager:
- Two or more years’ experience managing consumer–facing social media accounts, with bonus points for accounts in media or publishing.
- Understanding of the publishing industry and an interest in the politics of the climate crisis.
- Knowledge of how social platforms work, with a deep interest in the latest social trends.
- Experience running paid media campaigns on social media platforms.
- Ability to write clean and clear copy.
- Creative skills with ability to create and edit imagery for use across social platforms.
Not essential, but desirable:
- Video editing skills to create engaging content for social media platforms.
How to apply:
Send your CV, a one-page audit of Climate Home News’ existing community presence and a covering email of up to 400 words to the editor Megan Darby at [email protected]news.com.
Tell us about your best performing social media or community building initiative and your vision for boosting engagement at Climate Home News.
What happens next?
- Submission deadline: 9:00 GMT, 15 February, 2021
- Reviewing applications: 15 – 19 February
- Interviews: 1 – 5 March
- Target start date: 6 April