At Climate Home News, we believe quality climate journalism can change the world for the better. Here’s how we play our part.
We deliver original journalism that informs and inspires action to tackle the global climate crisis.
We do this by:
• Reporting and analysing major developments in international climate action
• Exploring tensions between competing interests and values
• Exposing wrongdoing or obstruction and holding power to account
• Amplifying the voices of those hardest hit by the climate crisis
• Highlighting transformative action from across society and the economy
Climate change is the biggest story of our time.
Climate Home News aims to be the go-to media outlet for a global community of doers and thinkers seeking to understand the political, social and economic drivers of the climate crisis and climate action.
- Collaboration: We are open, honest and responsive in our communication, understanding how our roles and responsibilities fit together, while recognising that as a small organisation we all have to pitch in sometimes.
- Rigour: We uphold our reputation as a trusted source of information by checking facts carefully and asking the right questions, while treating readers, sources and colleagues with respect.
- International outlook: We source stories from around the world, including underreported regions and multilateral forums, to serve a global readership.
- Integrity: We uphold the independence of our editorial and tell the stories that need to be told, without fear or favour.
- Originality: We take the initiative and find stories others miss.
- Supportiveness: We are open-minded and seek to learn from each other as we take on new challenges. We seek out partners with whom we can form mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Ambition: The urgency of the climate crisis demands that we all bring energy and focus to fulfilling our mission.